JMU Paralegal Certificate Program
Enrollment & Financing
Requirements for the JMU Paralegal Certificate
Admissions requirements help ensure our graduates are qualified for employment and prepared for the challenging course work and training offered at JMU.
- A 4-year undergraduate degree OR
- The equivalent of 4 years of professional work experience (not necessarily in the legal field)
- An updated resume
- Access to the internet with high speed connection (courses are administered in an online environment)
- Basic computer and word-processing skills
Paralegal Certificate Program Tuition
Tuition for the Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies is $4,995. This cost includes tuition, access to our online learning system, and all E-textbooks and materials. There are no additional costs or fees. Enroll now in an upcoming program listed on the right >>
Need a little financial help for tuition?
As a non-credit certificate program, the Paralegal Certificate program does not qualify for most federal financial aid programs; however we work with Sallie Mae to secure low-interest loans for our students. Sallie Mae will evaluate your credit score and may recommend a co-borrower for those with low scores or minimal credit history. To apply online for a continuing education loan with Sallie Mae, please click here.
NOTE: Some programs sell out weeks before the start date. If you plan to apply for a Sallie Mae loan, begin your application early to allow adequate processing time. We also recommend that you inquire with your banking institution or local credit union for a private base loan which is similar to securing a Sallie Mae loan.
I’m Ready to Enroll in the JMU Paralegal Program!
- Select Your Program. The JMU Paralegal program is offered in several convenient formats - with classes on both weekends and evenings - to fit your busy schedule.
- Make Financial Arrangements. Determine your preferred method of payment – credit card, check, or loan.
- Enroll in the Paralegal Certificate Program. Register for your selected program using the links on the right OR download an application form to fax or mail, and start on your path toward an exciting new paralegal career!