Classes can fill quickly. In order to enroll, you must submit a completed registration form and full form of payment. It is strongly recommended that you register two weeks prior to a course start date.
Paralegal Studies certificate program is approved for 12.0 CEUs (120 contact hours) through Outreach & Engagement at James Madison University.
JMU Paralegal Certificate Program
Enrollment & Financing
Pre-requisites for the JMU Paralegal Certificate: To ensure our graduates are qualified for employment after earning a paralegal certificate and prepared for the challenging education in this program we recommend:
- A 4-year undergraduate degree OR
- The equivalent of 4 years of professional work experience (Does not need to be in the legal field)
- Access to the internet with high speed connection (courses are administered in an online environment)
- Basic computer and word-processing skills
Paralegal Certificate Program Tuition
Tuition for the Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies is $4,995. This cost includes tuition, access to our online learning system, and all E-textbooks and materials. There are no additional costs or fees. Enroll now in an upcoming program.
This is an open enrollment program. In order to enroll, you must submit a completed registration form and full form of payment. It is strongly recommended that you register two weeks prior to a course start date.
Need a little financial help for tuition?
As a non-credit certificate program, the Paralegal Certificate program does not qualify for the most federal financial aid programs such as FASFA or different grant funding. The FAFSA is used only for degree programs and is not eligible for non-credit certificate programs. We do work with Sallie Mae to secure loans for our students. Sallie Mae will evaluate your credit score and may recommend a co-borrower for those with low scores or minimal credit history. To apply for this loan and enroll in the Paralegal Certificate program follow the steps below:
(Please note: Your requested loan amount cannot exceed the program tuition)
- Apply for the loan through our official portal on the Sallie Mae website. School code: JMU CE 003721-98. You will receive your decision in less than 30 minutes after applying for the loan. If you are approved for the loan please continue to the next step:
- Download and complete the enrollment form and fax or email it to the advisor. The fax number and email address are on the form.
- Submit your registration form within 24 hours of approval of your Sallie Mae loan.
- You will receive registration email confirming your enrollment in the program.
***You may also complete the online registration form and submit a credit card for payment here.
NOTE: Some programs sell out weeks before the start date. If you plan to apply for a Sallie Mae loan, begin your application early to allow adequate processing time. We also recommend that you inquire with your banking institution or local credit union for a private base loan which is similar to securing a Sallie Mae loan.
I’m Ready to Enroll in the JMU Paralegal Program!
- Select Your Program. The JMU Paralegal program is offered in several convenient formats - with class options on weekends or evenings - to fit your busy schedule.
- Make Financial Arrangements. Determine your preferred method of payment.
- Enroll in the Paralegal Certificate Program. Register for your selected program using the links on the right OR download an application form to fax or mail, and start on your path toward an exciting new paralegal career!
WITHDRAWAL/REFUND POLICY: You may cancel your registration up to two weeks before the program start date, and receive a full refund (minus any credit card processing fees.) After that date, no refunds will be given. Participants may transfer to a future program (within one year of your original program), based on availability, with no penalty. We will accept participant substitutions with at least 2 business days notice. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.